Want to know the interesting trivia of the 2021 – 2022 Dota Pro Circuit? We have you covered
In yet another fresh year of Dota 2 where Dota celebrated it’s anniversary with an allbeit delayed tenth international – Here are some of the interesting trivia combined from all 5,566 professional games played across all six regions.
Out of all 5,566 professional games:
- Radiant won 50.88% of them
- Total gameplay time reached up to 211,972 minutes
- The average game time was 37:05, with std deviation of 9:41
- The longest game was a endurance race with Neptune vs RNG (1:47:20)
- The shortest game was a smackdown with Inverse vs Infinity (13:01)
Both Pyw and Dy who currently plays for Extreme Gaming logs the most matches at 256 games, while 18 players had 200+ games this year, 243 players had 100+.
Ori, ELeVeN, Pyw, Dy, Poyoyo played the most games as a squad (228), followed by TI winners Miposhka, Mira, Collapse, Yatoro, TORONTOTOKYO (206).
- Average Kills: highest Pakaz (10.33), lowest XNova (1.60)
- Average Deaths: highest SexyeYogye (9.29), lowest Nightfall (2.08)
- Average Assists: highest DuBu (15.83), lowest Palatimos (7.10)
- GPM: highest Pakaz (716), lowest Kazz (249)
- XPM: highest Pakaz (751), lowest Antoha (342)
- Most kills per minute: Pakaz (0.288)
- Most deaths per minute: SexyeYogye (0.257)
- Most assists per minute: Matthew (0.455)
Mars was the most popular hero of the year with 1644 games games (Win Rate of 781-863, 47.51%)
Meepo was the least popular hero with just 13 games logged (Win Rate 9-4, 69.23%), but had the highest winrate. Meanwhile, Dawnbreaker had the lowest winrate, just 36.67% (44-76).
Puck wins most contested hero of the year, getting either picked or banned in 69.40% of games (22.98% pick-rate, 46.42% ban-rate), which easily qualifies it for the highest ban-rate in the year.
An inserting bit is that Void Spirit was the most 3rd-phase picked hero of the year, 578 times.
In an infamous 2012 game, Maelk went 0/20/21 on Venomancer but still won, thus establishing ‘The Maelk Award’. Whilst nobody has managed to better his number of deaths (the closest in deaths is Synderen who went 0/19/22 in 2017), Kidaro’s 0/17/15 is the tied 3rd most. Boxi also put up an honorable effort of 0/15/23 just at the tail-end of the year.
Yasha and Kaya was the least purchased item of the year, just 28 pickups (3 by AlaCrity, on 3 different heroes: Kunkka, Templar Assassin, Queen of Pain). Mage Slayer was the next least commonly purchased item, just 120 times.
246429 Town Portal Scrolls were purchased, so that’s an average of 4.43 per player per game.
Of the English coverage, the most frequent in-lobby observers were Pimpmuckl (557), skrff (517), Weppas (459); and most frequent in-lobby casters were MikeLeePhoenix (486), johnxfire (424), TrentPax (419), Bkop (388), and ODPixel (363).